Thursday, May 10, 2012

Toot-Toot* Tutorial (Tutu to those not familiar with 3-year old speak)

I'm getting ready for the one-year old's birthday.  She's a big girl who will be awash in sparkles and customized shirts, banners and such and will have no.idea.  That's the thing about birthday parties for babies.  It's really just a chance for parents to show-off their kids or something.  We will also use it as an excuse to have adult bevvies and ladder golf in the backyard.  Don't judge.  It's just how we roll. 

BUT, I've turned out my crafty side to made a super-cute tutu for Brook-Brook and I am going to give a little how-to.  I don't sew, so I need easy-peasy.  So here goes:

Get some rolls of tulle.  I got mine at Hobby Lobby on a 50% off sale--score!


Cut the tulle into little squares.  You'll have to play around a bit to get the right length--I think this piece ended up being a bit short.




 Get one of those $.99 baby headbands (I also got this at Hobby Lobby).  Double the tulle and pull it through the little holes by looping it through.



 Here's an in-progress picture.  I used an empty oatmeal cannister to give it form.



Here's the mostly finished product.  I'm pretty excited about the cuteness in this pic. 

1 comment:

designHER Momma said...

you did awesome! Love how it turned out!