Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another Moment of Parenting Excellence

There are moments when, as a parent, you kind of pat yourself on the back with self-congratulatory pride. Mostly those aren't the ones that make the blog.  So please know that the majority of the time, my parenting is full of moments inspiring confidence, creating joy, blah, blah, blah.

Brooklyn's now a year old, so bottles got the boot. Only by Sunday I was convinced she was in full-on protest mode--refusing milk from her cup.  This resulted in throwing said cup over her shoulder and a protesting squawk.  Ack!  My baby is little--she needs those calories.  I even contemplated going back to bottles.  Yes.  I said it.  I considered giving in.

I anted up on Sunday and did the unthinkable.  I smelled the milk.    Brooklyn wasn't protesting the absence of bottles from her life.  Turns out, she doesn't like sour milk.  Oops.  And that was my dose of reality for the day.

I.  Am.  Awesome.


This is my baby girl downing some serious milk after a two-day hiatus, courtesy of her very observant parents.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

No moms, after being run ragged all day want to hear about another mom's magical, perfect moments. Reality is much more interesting and relatable anyway :)