Saturday, May 19, 2012

One. 12 Months. One Party.

I have no idea how it happened, but my sweet baby girl turned one this week.  Like every cliche in history says, they grow up so fast--only it's really true.   Promise.  I guess that's why it's a cliche?  So we had a shin-dig for the birthday girl. . .who was horrified.  She needed lots of mommy-time, but the sweet taste of cake made up for the swarms of people around her.

Not every parent can say their child is a ray of sunshine, but I can with Brooklyn.  Fiesty?  Not really.  She wakes with a smile and that good humor is typically only interrupted if she's not fed quickly enough--girlfriend has quite the appetite.  20 pounds?  Nope.  Not yet.  I'm guessing 17ish?  No one can make her laugh like her big brother.  Walking?  Nah.  Her cautious spirit just isn't ready for that quite yet.  Talking?  Not lots, but she does sign eat, all done, say "up" and wave hi.  All on her own terms, mind you.

It's been a wild ride, this being a working mom of two wee ones, but I can't imagine life without Brooklyn.  I only worry that her sweet, sweet spirit will be out shadowed by the boys that will sandwich her through life.  I'm guessing with the crystal clear blue eyes, dimple and scrunched nose smile that Chris is right--we'd better start preparing for boyfriends now.

Now for the cuteness.































1 comment:

A.B. said...

I love her. she is adorable. And is starting to look more and more like El... and occasionally G$