Thursday, October 18, 2012

I'm a Reader. From Way Back.

I've been in love with reading since forever.  I can't remember a time when I couldn't read or didn't enjoy it.  It's a compulsion, really.  There's just a handful of books that I've started that I haven't finished.. .  the compulsion.  I've read fewer books with the advent of blogs and social media, but I'm reconnecting with my inner reader.

I'm not typically one for apocalyptic tales, but holy moly have I become entranced with the writing of Justin Cronin.  The Passage held me captivated and now I've downloaded The Twelve, on the first day it was released.  I'm not usually the first to anything, so this speaks to how much I am into this story and his writing. Read it.  Do it.  Disturbing, yes, but also utterly captivating.  Yes, there are vampire-like creatures involved, but there is also serious character-development and creation of these creatures was seriously plausible.

READ.  You won't be disappointed.  I promise.

No comments: