Sunday, August 26, 2012

Waiting for Special Moments

I like to say that I enjoy photography as a hobby.  Really, this means I like to take pictures of my kiddos.  Unfortunately, with the exhaustion of a third pregnancy in 100+ degree heat in the 8th and 9th month, I realized I went a whole month without taking a picture of my lovelies with a real camera.  Shameful, hmm?  Yep.  I had fallen into the trap of only taking pictures of "special occasions,"  definitely contradictory to the thought that life happens in the in-between moments.  So yesterday morning, I brought out the real camera to capture some lazy Saturday morning moments.

Elliott told me they were having a camp-out, hence the pillow & blue blank. 




I think he learned this pose from Glammy.  It's her go-to photograph pose.  


I love this picture.  Not modest of me at all, but I still am entranced.  




She's very serious about her playtime.

Check-out those crazy curls.  We're on experiment #4 of what I fear will be hundreds of taming solutions.






 


It was a good morning.  Simple fun.  No special occasion.  Just one of those magical hours that remind you of the importance of joy and how 'nothing special' can be the most special of all.  

No comments: