Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Guess This is Really Happening

It seems I might really be having a baby sometime soon. I vacillate between eagerness and anticipation to downright terror.  Not terror of giving birth.  It's the terror of being alone with THREE KIDS UNDER THE AGE OF FOUR.  Damned reality rearing it's ugly head.

I know it will work out, just like I know the first 6 months are going to be filled with exhaustion.

I know we will make it work, just like I know it will be immense work.

I know there will be moments filled with laughter of three children, just as I know there will be moments where our home will be filled with the wails of three crying children.

I know our home will be filled with love, just as I know that there will be moments full of stress.  So long as the love wins, I figure we're on the right track.

I know there will be unmet needs:  Brooklyn's, Elliott's, Kellen's, Chris' and mine.  I also know that my amazing friends will force me out of the house for girl-time, helping me to be a better spouse & parent.

I know there will be moments of "heated discussions" between Chris and me, but I also know that we will work to make our marriage a priority because a strong marriage makes for a stronger family.

I see a lot of prayer in my future.  Not so much sleep.  I see my heart expanding as my budget shrinks.  I see that we will find a way because there are so many people who do more with much less.

Okay.  I get it.  This is happening.  I should probably pack a bag or something.  I did manage to pre-register for the hospital, so there's that.

Once Kellen arrives, please feel free to visit.  With a casserole.  Or two.