Thursday, August 2, 2012

10 Things I Know

I never know how much to share about the trials joys of pregnancy.  Especially at the end.  I mean, it's a lot of up-close and personal bidness.  I have posted before how everyone, and I mean everyone, has an opinion on how a pregnant woman looks.  In the span of a couple of days, I had people tell me that I looked great and then someone ask, "how many babies do you have in there?"  Here's what I know:

1.  It's really effing hot (today it was roughly 109 degrees--that's one step from hell, if you were wondering).  Chronic sweating makes me cranky and icky smelling.
2.  Being hugely pregnant is much harder when it's one-step-from-hell hot than it was when I was hugely pregnant in February and May.
3.  I am anti-social as the end of pregnancy nears.  Even with my dearest friends.  The question, "What do you want to do?" is answered in my mind with, "Hibernate."
4.  I have approximately 5 shirts that are sufficiently long enough so that my stomach doesn't hang out.  I've never been the mid-drift exposing kind of girl in the best of times--I mean, I've had maybe three 2-piece swimsuits in my life and they were all worn 5 times or less. 
5.  There are a lot of really stupid people in the world.  Temptations to comment on this stupidity make my hibernating desire the safest option. 
6.  Pelvic Symphisis Dysfunction is some kind of painful.   The end of pregnancy is made bearable for me with a combination of massage, chiropractic care and acupuncture.  I'm not sure I could walk without their help.
7.  I look like a 90-year old woman when I hobble to the bathroom in the middle of the night. 
8.  I get the best sleep from 4:30am to 6:30ish.  That this coincides with my husband leaving for work, might or might not be coincidence.
9.  I want my house to be clean and organized, but have zero energy to make it happen, unless that includes making honey-do lists for my husband.
10.  I still haven't pre-registered for the hospital.  That's how sure I am that this baby won't be here until my due date.  Or after.  Which will make me a really hateful person.  Fair warning.

No comments: