Thursday, January 5, 2012

Take-that 2012.

For 2012, I have several resolutions.  Commitments.  Call them what you will, but I try not to get too crazy-extreme.  Because I have a need to share, I can list them for you and even detail you on the progress.  This will be easy.

1.  Resolution:  Park in my own frickety-frackin' garage.  (This one is a hold-over from 2011, not a good sign.)
     Progress:  Excess Amazon  cardboard boxes carted to the curb.  We're back to the garage looking exactly like it did circa May 2011.  Greatness.

2.  Resolution:  Eat healthier.
     Progress:  We had roasted Brussels Sprouts the other night AND a salad last night.  I totally believe this cancels out my on-the-go-can't-get-my-lazy-ass-out-of-bed-in-time-for-breakfast stops at Braum's twice this week. 

3.  Resolution:  Work-out more.
     Progress MET!  I completed (mostly) a yoga workout last night from the very appropriate "Yoga for Inflexible People" DVD.  Notice the carefully worded resolution.  I said, "workout more."  Well, the last time I really worked out was in August 2010, immediately prior to becoming preggers with Baby Brook-Brook, so technically I've already met this one.  I know.  You're impressed.  So am I.  Impressed and SORE.

4.  Resolution:  See my friends more.
     Progress:  Unless this counts my Work-Heather, I can offer you that I've sent out an email to corral my crazy girlfriends back into a dinner-routine on Mondays.  Some of them even answered the email, so I'm going to count this as movement.  Dinner set for Monday.  Hopefully I won't be the only one in attendance. 

5.  Resolution:  Go to bed earlier and then get up earlier.
     Progress:  See Progress section on Resolution #2.  I work better with a deadline, so I'm saying Monday is when this one starts.  That's the day my working a compressed work-week (9 days of 9 hours each day with every-other-Friday off) begins.  I am sure hoping that extra day off is motivation for me because the frickety-frackin' alarm is going to go off at 5:30am.  Painful.  I hate  frickety-frackin' alarms. 

So there you have it.  What were your resolutions?  Have you made progress?  Are you one of those buy-a-gym-membership-start-Weight Watchers for the New Year kind of people?

No comments: