Monday, February 7, 2011

Jury Doody

I will be fulfilling my civic duty tomorrow. I'm about 2/3 of the way through my second reading of Beach Music and I'm frankly excited about an uninterrupted reading opportunity. I also am idealistic enough to really believe that I'm fulfilling a duty by willingly being at the courthouse all day, donating my $6 per hour and arriving at the painfully early 8:30am. I must admit that I am intrigued by being on a jury. Easy for me to say with almost relative certainty of not being selected (because of presumed bias for the police due to my husband's job), but it's true. It's almost like playing hooky from work because I got to send out an email today instructing all of my direct reports to direct all of their questions to other supervisors. And for one day, that is a nice little treat.

No comments: