Wednesday, February 23, 2011

And the Bleh Continues. . .

Yep. Today's workday was just as unproductive and mostly miserable, as I had anticipated. I supervise roughly 20 employees and am involved in supervising/managing (previously with the manager removed yesterday) another 45 employees. Trying to convey positive reassuring thoughts to these employees, while still remaining true to my struggles and misgivings regarding this decision is puzzling to me. How to I strike this balance? I fear that I'm not living up to either end of the spectrum.

I just know this pall is hanging over me. I feel like someone in my work-life died. It's like a funeral when the well-meaning old biddy says "this is for the best" or "everything happens for a reason." And just like at a funeral, I want to tell that person to shove it.

No comments: