*Please let me preface this post by saying that I am well aware of how absolutely, fantastically, lucky I am. This is just me whining.*
I am wondering how my sister has lucked into the charmed life.
1. Never experiencing a broken heart. That skinny, dorky boy with freckles and red hair that showed up at her high school graduation is now her considerate, funny, way less dorky husband.
2. She's athletic. And skinny. And smart. And funny. And fashionable. And beautiful. Wow.
3. She finds amazing deals for designer products. I always feel like a cheap copy of what she has told me might look good together. . .
4. A pregnancy with zero complications or illness. Seriously. Z-E-R-O.
5. Spontaneous labor. 17 minutes of pushing. First baby. Seriously, does that really happen to people? The answer is yes. It happens to people that lead charmed lives.
6. Immediately following giving birth to her oh-so-perfect son, she looked amazing. I just looked bloated and greasy.
7. No apparent anxiety over the whole parenting-thing.
8. Breastfeeding is EASY to her. Easy.
9. 18 pounds lost 9 days after giving birth. Uh-huh. That's no exaggeration.
10. She can have really short hair and not look like a moon face.
Despite all of her luckiness, it does not diminish my love and admiration of this woman I find myself lucky to call my sister, even if sometimes it leaves me searching for how I have "character" from things not quite as charmed in my life when compared to her. In my less bitter days, I know that we are both remarkably lucky women, products of our parents' love, acceptance and attention.