Friday, July 16, 2010

Making changes

This week has been so freakin' crazy that I simply have had no time to post about my goings-on. No. time. Mostly my thoughts have been inwardy-focused. . . I don't know if that's good or bad or if it just is. I say stupid things. My inner voice torments me with thoughts attacking my self-esteem. Why? Is this the truth for all thinking people? Sigh. I don't know. But I do know that after seeing a disgusting picture of myself, I am determined to make some healthy lifestyle changes. Like doing something to get more physical activity into my life. Turns out that sitting behind a desk for hours on end does little for stamina, energy or overall health.

The problem is that I pretty much hate exercise. I've never like it. Never. I cried once when a boy told me in the 5th grade that he could walk faster than I could run. Cried. Of course my dislike is furthered by my absolute inability to successfully perform any athletic task. Couple that with the scorching heat and I am full of rationalizations to sit inside, moving as little as possible.

This week I triumphed over my hate and the heat. I took the Humphrey dog and we walked. And we walked. I know it's not much, but it's a start.

No comments: