Saturday, June 30, 2012

Just Like Family

For my whole life, I've wanted to be surrounded and have my children surrounding by a plethora of friends who are like family.  I am lucky enough to have a best friend (okay, several friends) who will indulge me by getting our kids together once a month or so, until we remember that it's a foolish endeavor.  She has three kiddos:  one almost 7 years old, one 4 years old and one 2 1/2.  Now add in my rambunctious 3 1/2 year old and 1 year old and it's chaos in the making.  We stoopidly tried to take them all to lunch IN PUBLIC last   summer.  End of that experiment.  We now keep the chaos confined to our own homes.

Steph and her brood came over last week for a farewell visit before their annual trek to the Eastern Shores of North Carolina for the month of July.  I had the brilliant idea of capturing the friends-like-family moment with photos.  Ha.  Five children, aged one year to six and half, near bedtime.  Yes, I know what you are thinking--perfect photo-op.

*Please note Brooklyn's ever-sinking  posture & the progression of my dear Godson reaching his limit of seriousness in the pics.








No comments: