Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

This year puts a birthday into a whole new perspective.  Not to sound too trite, but I find that 'things' for me become much less important than time with the people I love and necessities for Baby M.  I truly could not think of anything I wanted for my birthday, as I have in years past.  While low-key, this has been one of the best birthdays on record for me. . . The best parts:
1.  A relaxing lunch with my office-mates from the yummy taqueria!
2.  A beautiful, delicious birthday cake brought to me (with the taqueria yummies) by my dear friend, Tonya.
3.  A phone call from my godson, Jackson, with the best rendition of "Happy Birthday" ever.
4.  Dinner with my parents, the Schwantners and Chris at PF Chang's.  Tasty food and some of my favorite people in the world.  Too bad Amanda & Ben couldn't join us. :(

And some things to look forward to:
*Pizza and Pajamas tomorrow night at Deana's with Deana, LJ and Heather!  Don't worry--we'll have cake and ice cream, too!
*The Nutcracker on Friday night.  A perfect date night with my wonderful husband--we rarely take the time for such outings, but always enjoy them when we do!

Everything with Baby M seems to be going well. Chris can't believe how strong some of his kicks and stretches have become of late.  We 'graduated' from our childbirth preparation classes this week--complete with diploma.  Not sure where this diploma will come in handy, but graduate we did. Our next appointment is Friday morning, so I'll try to update again on any important details. We are feeling more prepared for Baby M's arrival all the time, especially after the HUGE shower Saturday.  Our families and friends are extremely generous and we now have all but a very few essentials!  

No comments: