Sunday, December 21, 2008

How are you feeling?

Sorry it's been so long since I updated! The day after my birthday I woke up terribly sick! It took until mid-week this week to start feeling better. Yuck.  So it's hard to believe I'm now 34 weeks pregnant. . . 40 days and counting until we hit D-day. That's due day. . . Scary. Here's a run-down on how Elliott and I are doing these days, as the title of this post is the most often asked question these days:
Generally, I feel tired. I am not miserable. . . yet. My heartburn/acid reflux has increased and sleeping is becoming more and more of a challenge. My doctor has cleared me to use Benadryl to help me sleep, which also helps my allergies. I wake up around 3 times/night to use the restroom and it is TOUGH to get comfortable in bed! Turning over is quite a process. I typically wake up between 3 and 4 am and just feel wide awake, despite knowing how tired my body is! I am still getting stuff done around the house, just not as much at one time as I was a few weeks ago. That is okay, though.  
Emotionally, I vascillate between terrified and extremely excited. I have a whole sense of unreality (I don't even know that this is a word. . .). Intellectually, I know that I am having a baby, that I have to give birth, that my whole life will change, I'll be off work, etc. BUT emotionally, I can't seem to process it. I feel my little man moving a lot, but I can't get to the point where I realize that I'll bring him home, that i have to push him out, etc. It is really hard to explain. I think a lot of this is because i know I still have lots to do to prepare for his arrival, so it's like my mind can't go there for the emotional part quite yet.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Elliott??? Did I somehow misunderstand...or is that what you have decided to name the baby? When I was pregnant with David, we called him 'Lupe' because we didn't know if it was going to be a boy or a girl!