This go-round with nesting tendencies, I'm a crafty beeyotch. Or at least I aspire to be. That's probably more like it. So a year after upgrading Elliott to the BBB (Big Boy Bed), I decided to finally update his names above the bed to match. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but I'm pleasantly surprised with the outcome.
I tried to locate a 'before' picture of the letters on the wall in Ell's room, but they are hiding right now. So instead, here is a few pictures of the BBB, with the Big Boy himself.
My boy and his treasures. Notice Minnie snuggled up next to him.
Up close of the duvet--purchased at Ikea.
And the results:
I used the letters we already had from Hobby Lobby that had been spray painted the green color. Then I took a pencil and sketched different designs that would match and/or compliment Ell's "Cars Blankey." I used acrylic paints, then sealed with a polycrylic gloss sealant. If you attempt this, be aware that to get good coverage, it took at least 3 coats of paint to achieve the desired outcome. At the last moment, I decided that the designs would stand out better if I outlined it all with an extra-fine Sharpie. Ta-da!