Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dancing a Jig. . .

Baby M is a mover and a shaker.  Really!  It's the most awe-inspiring and a feeling of which I never get tired.  His most active period is the evenings, usually beginning around 8:00pm--of course he starts wiggling around most anytime I eat or drink something really cold.  I keep trying in vain to get Chris to feel him move, but I guess Daddy's hand is a calming influence and baby slows down a bit when the hand is in place.  That, and I think his tiny feet and hands aren't quite strong enough to pack enough punch for Chris to feel.  Soon, I think.

I have a confession to make.  I have to get a new car.  My two-door, cute, sporty car just won't hold a carseat in any comfortable sort of fashion.  What kind of confession is this, you may ask.  Here's the confession:  we have looked at mini-vans on-line.  Mini-van.  Me?  It's such a stigma.  I mean, my mom drove one forever!  It's one of those things that as  teen-ager you swear you'll never have because it's so uncool.  Swear.  Until you're pregnant, need a new car, want to plan for a day soon when you'll have more than one kiddo and realize that carseats take up an unimagineable amount of room.  This means without a third row of seats, it's you and one adult and children.  Only.  For a long, long time.  That's how you realize that a mini-van might not be the worst thing on the planet.  

How did 25 weeks pass so quickly?  6 months.   That means only 3 1/2ish months left and it is at once the most exciting and terrifying experience ever.  . .  More to come. . .
 

1 comment:

A.B. said...

muahahahaha. you'll never live this down. And please, quit referring to her as "mom" and only refer to her as "big mama." How else will it stick?